Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Proposal

Since I'm wanting to document Geoff and I's life on this blog from now on, I figure I must talk about the day he proposed to me before it becomes old news!

Two weeks ago from today, my mind was in Thanksgiving mode. Maybe that's because it was Thanksgiving! I was looking forward to enjoying some delicious turkey, my grandma's homemade rolls that are to die for, and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. And I may or may not have also been watching the National Dog Show even though I was getting made fun of by Geoff and my sister, Chelsey. Can you blame a dog lover?

Anyways, the food was all placed on the table and it was time to eat. I was already sitting in the living room talking with my family when my mom starts going around in a circle asking what each of us are thankful for. I didn't think doing this was anything out of the ordinary, I thought it was just a way for my mom to express her gratitude for all of us being together on Thanksgiving. But each of us said what we were thankful for, one by one. Last but not least was Geoff. I wasn't really paying too much attention to what he was saying (shame on me!), because I figured he would just say something simple like the rest of us had. But out of the blue... He gets down on one knee and proposes to me! I was so surprised and didn't even know what to do at that point. But of course I said yes and now I will always remember which Thanksgiving has been the best one so far!

After the shock was over with, I started looking back and realized all the red flags I had missed that I could have easily seen to know Geoff was going to propose at the moment he did:

- Geoff comes over to my house and has the biggest smile on his face and he can't sit still. Obviously someone was a little antsy! Maybe I was too into the National Dog Show to notice at first.... Don't judge me.

- Chelsey is video recording during the whole time we are going around saying what we are thankful for. I didn't even think anything of it and thought she was texting. She has mad video-recording skills for sure.

- While we were going around saying what we were thankful for, Geoff leaves and comes back with his jacket, which had the ring in it. I noticed him leaving but didn't really pay attention to him coming back. That was the biggest red flag right there! Geoff had talked to my mom about his idea earlier... the whole going-around-saying-what-we-were-grateful-for was all his idea... but didn't really expect my mom to start his idea right there and then. So since he was taken off-guard, he had to go grab the ring which he left downstairs.

I'm glad I didn't see those red flags. It made for the best surprise ever. I'll always cherish that day when Geoff was able to keep a secret from me, since it's nearly impossible for him to do so! I'm also grateful that Geoff proposed to me in front of my family. That took a lot of guts for him to be put on the spot like that. It was special for me for my grandparents to be there to witness me being proposed to and were just as surprised as I was. My Grammie always has the best reactions!

Enjoy the photos and the video if you haven't already seen them! Is it strange that I haven't even watched the video myself yet? I had no idea I was so video shy until now. I don't mind being in photos, but when it comes to videos, well that's a whole different ball game!

Our Facebook announcement photo.
The ring that Geoff picked out all by himself. He did good!

1 comment: