Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Gloomy Week Turned Bright

I planned on blogging a couple of times this week, but I got sick with a viral infection over the weekend and was miserable basically all week! It started out with a swollen and painful lymph gland, then a sore throat was added onto that. A couple of days passed and my lymph gland only got bigger and more painful. After going to a doctor who said nothing was wrong with me other than having a huge buildup of hard earwax in my ears (he did irrigate them out... who knew so much hard wax could buildup like that!), I went to another one who took one look at my swollen lymph glands and knew I was actually as miserable as I claimed to be. He prescribed me an antibiotic and now I'm actually feeling myself again! I also think I may have had a minor case of pneumonia, because a couple of days after going to the doctor I was having problems breathing and didn't want to eat because it hurt. And as if I wasn't already dealing with enough, I had the biggest and nastiest cold sore I have ever had which I needed a prescription medicine to get rid of. But now that my breathing is fine and my cold sore is basically gone, I can now continue living my life as a normal human being!

Yesterday was my 24th birthday. I have no idea where the last few years have gone! But it was one of the best birthdays I have had in a long time. I was with Geoff, my parents, my grandparents, my aunt, Geoff's aunt and uncle, my soon-to-be sister-in-law and even my very best friend Holly. The last time I was with Holly and Geoff on my birthday was probably in 2008 or 2009. And who knows when it will ever happen again! So I really treasured this birthday, and took advantage of it by going though the temple for the first time with these loved ones. It was a great experience. A little scary at first, but worth it. I hope to feel the feelings I felt there yesterday for years to come as I continue to go to the temple.

Geoff, myself and Holly at dinner after the temple.

A week that started out being the worst week ever ended by being one of the best ever. I know I'll always remember my 24th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment