Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas in Review

I am still in shock that Christmas has come and gone already! I loved being with my family this Christmas. We opened our Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve, then opened the rest of our gifts on Christmas morning. My grandparents, aunt and uncle and my older sister and her husband came over for a delicious breakfast complete with my grandpa's famous buttermilk pancakes, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage and yummy hot cocoa from my aunt mimi's new hot cocoa maker. Since Geoff's family was opening their gifts around the same time we were having breakfast, he came over a couple of hours later for us to exchange our gifts to each other.

We all went out to my Grandma Key's in the afternoon to open gifts and have Christmas dinner. Geoff and I were excited to open our first gift as a couple... a new electric skillet! He kept telling me all the food I could make him in that skillet. I think he's excited about the idea of coming home to a yummy dinner once we're married!

All in all, it was a wonderful day. Who knows if Geoff and I will be able to come home next year for Christmas. I'm sure we will, but you just never know once you start working full-time, which I will be starting in January and hopefully Geoff is able to as well. I made sure to treasure this Christmas just in case we're by ourselves next year!

I hope you all are having a great holiday with your family and loved ones!

The Key Family on Christmas 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment