Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Ice Castles in Midway, Utah

With Geoff being one of the new guys at Carmax, he usually gets the work schedules that no one wants. This means working from 12 to 9 at night, getting either Wednesday or Thursday off and working on Saturdays. Although this makes it hard for us to see each other during the week, I like to look at it as a blessing in disguise. Geoff's working full-time AND taking online classes, which means he spends at least two hours a day, if not more, doing homework. By not starting work until the afternoon, it allows him to have plenty of time to get his homework done in the morning.

Last week, Geoff not only worked from 8 to 5 for the first time since he started working at Carmax, but he also had Saturday off! We were so excited to be able to spend all weekend together. However, I think Geoff would tell you it's hard to do homework in the evenings after working all day and being exhausted, which is why I think the 12 to 9 schedule works best for him. But he still was able to get all of his homework done and be able to take me on a date to the ice castle in Midway!

I had heard a lot about this ice castle before going there. I heard it was very popular this year because the movie "Frozen" had come out and they made the ice castle into a somewhat "Frozen" theme. I also heard that because it was so popular, they advised people not to go on Saturdays because it was so dang crowded! But Geoff and I didn't really have a choice but to go on a Saturday since I work all week, so we decided to face the crowd and see what the rave was all about.

After an hour drive, we arrived at the ice castle. I don't think I have seen so many people gathered in one place in a long time! Luckily we had bought our tickets beforehand so we only had to wait in like half an hour instead of over an hour. But they had "Frozen" music playing as well as Anna and Elsa outside taking pictures with the kids. Once we got inside the ice castle, someone had built an Olaf snowman and it was so cute!

I LOVED the ice castle and am so glad we went, even though it was extremely packed. I wanted to go at night when all the colorful lights inside the ice were on. It was cool seeing them change colors. We walked through an ice maze and went under tall and gorgeous icicle arches. They even had an ice slide for kids that went inside the ice! It's definitely the perfect family activity for kids of all ages.








No comments:

Post a Comment