Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

DIY Wedding Invitations Tip #2,453

Geoff and I received our edited engagement photos back yesterday! I was so excited. Our photographer sent us about 45 photos to pick and choose from. We narrowed it down to 15 we for sure wanted for wedding invitations and to keep for years to come. Since I have already designed our wedding invites, all I needed were the photos to fill in the missing pieces.

There was one particular photo out of all the rest that Geoff and I really liked. But since I am all about details and making sure everything is as close to perfect as it can get, I didn't like the loose pieces of my hair that our photographer chose to not edit out herself. So what's a girl to do?

Edit it herself, of course!



If you'll notice, the extra hair on my neck and shoulder is gone. I also added another button to Geoff's shirt, since for some reason there's too an unusual gap between the two bottom buttons. I think I did a fairly decent job taking it out! Now I love it even more than I already did to start with. I'm hoping to use this photo on the front of our wedding invitations if all goes according to plan :)

For those soon-to-be brides that are all about saving money and enjoy designing as much as I do, here's a tip: Photoshop will be your best friend if you allow it to be! I'm grateful I have some knowledge in Photoshop so I could make edits like these to my engagement photos. I know much more about Adobe's design programs InDesign and Illustrator, but Photoshop is fun to play with as well!

Stay tuned for more of the DIY design projects I'm working on for my wedding, as well as the final wedding invitations!

No comments:

Post a Comment