Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Finally Reunited With My Mom!

My sister Kristen had a four-day weekend this past weekend, so my mom thought it would be a good idea if her and my sister drove up for the weekend. Luckily the weather has been crazy nice the past couple of months that the roads were perfect to drive on. Unheard of this time of year! They arrived Thursday early evening, and I was so excited to see them after not seeing them for over seven months!

We had a fun girly evening Thursday watching a chick flick and putting on face masks since Geoff had to work until 9. Friday was spent dealing with my car, which had a flat tire and we found out I needed two new tires due to my flat and another being extremely worn out. But we went out to a yummy dinner that evening with my cousin Eddy and his family and my cousin Chandler and his girlfriend! My mom also finally got to meet Eddy's cute 4-month-old, Pipkin. Later that evening, Kristen got to meet Eddy's three cats, who are known on Instagram as the "Little Dum Dums." They have almost 12,000 followers! She was a pretty happy camper meeting them.


Since the weather was so nice outside, we decided to drive to Park City and spend a few hours there. We went to the Park City Mountain Resort where Kristen rode the alpine coaster. We walked around the resort for a little bit before eating at Maxwell's a restaurant featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." Once we got back to my place, we decided to take the TRAX to the Lion House downtown Salt Lake and have some pie. We walked around Temple Square and the mall before heading back home.

I loved seeing my mom and sister, even though it was only for a couple of days! Geoff and I are pretty sure we'll be heading up to Washington in April when Geoff's brother gets off his mission. Geoff hasn't seen him in four years! So it will be great to see him.



No comments:

Post a Comment