Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Our First Major Purchases as a Married Couple

Geoff and I have been doing what we can to make our little, cozy basement apartment a home, and it's been quite fun! We were able to find a couch and matching love seat for a really good deal as well as purchase a little dining table that fits into the small space we have in our kitchen. The couch and love seat were previously owned by the sweetest couple who was moving and had to sell it. They are so comfy and much more inviting than what we previously had (which was nothing!). Although we already have a dining table which I bought before we moved into my cousin's basement apartment, we've decided it's too big and we would like for our living room to just be a living room and not a dining room as well. Our dining table is only big enough for two people, so when we have guests over for dinner, we'll probably buy a folding table for us to all eat on. But I love how the stools conveniently store underneath the table and you can expand it to make it bigger. It's also convenient that it has wheels to roll around on! There's also a couple of extra drawers we can use as well as a towel rack, so those are pretty handy.





The best and most expensive purchase of all has been our new camera! I've been wanting a DSLR camera for some time, like over two years. So on our way to our honeymoon, Geoff suggested we buy a camera to take with us so we could take some sweet pictures. So we did and it was the best decision! I'm so glad we purchased the camera when we did. We got some amazing photos in Hawaii that our iPhone cameras wouldn't have been able to capture.

The camera we decided to get was a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS. It's not as fancy as some of the DSLR cameras you see nowadays, but it has all the basic functions we were looking for as well as an inexpensive price tag to match! It's very easy to operate for both Geoff and I. It has a 50x zooming lens, which is seriously amazing! Geoff and I were able to zoom in on tiny dots clear out into the ocean to discover they were boats or jet skis. The zoom feature is so powerful we could even read the name on the sides those boats clearly! I personally wanted a camera that had a flip out screen so we could take photos of ourselves without a problem, and that's exactly what we got with this camera. It's been way fun having a nice camera and I can't wait to capture more memories with it for years to come!

While in Hawaii, the thin camera strap would start to get annoying and rub against our necks. So I purchased a fun camera strap on Etsy for a really good deal, and so far I'm in love with it!






I apologize for the lack of decorations/photos yet to go on our walls! I'm still deciding where I want to put things. I plan on taking photos of our place once we have everything set up an organized, which probably won't be for a little while longer!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a grown up!!! I am still not used to that!!

    ReplyDelete