Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

I was looking forward to Valentine's Day this year because the last two Valentine's Day were a little depressing since Geoff was on his mission. Geoff usually has Fridays off so I was lucky enough to get off work a little early so we could spend most of the day together. My cousin Damon and his fiance, Jamie, were visiting this weekend and since Damon was staying with Geoff and needed to come to my house in the morning to pick up Jamie, they were able to drop Geoff off at my house so he could set up his little surprise for me while I was at work.


He had made these weaved hearts and filled them with Hugs and Kisses chocolates, which Hugs are one of my favorite candies so I loved it! He also got me some flowers and a pretty necklace and some earrings. So cute!

I got Geoff a few of his favorite food items and some socks (he desperately needed some) and typed out some clever saying to go along with each of them:

Socks = We make a great pair
Chocolate peanut brittle = I'm totally nuts about you
Apple cinnamon doughnuts = I doughnut know what I would do without you
Blueberry muffins = I'm so glad you are my stud muffin
Veggie chips = You are all that and a bag of chips

We also made dinner for ourselves, Damon and Jamie that night since I thought it would be a bad idea to go out to dinner (Friday night + Valentine's Day = way too long of a wait). Geoff helped me make chicken cordon bleu with saffron rice and caesar salad. He's an expert chicken cordon bleu roller! We also had some sparkling cider to go along with our meal. It was delicious!

I'm so grateful for Geoff and all he does to make me feel special, not just on Valentine's Day, but everyday! Sometimes we get frustrated that we're not able to give each other the world with fancier gifts or spending money on date nights out. But then we remember we're just starting out and as long as we love each other and show our appreciation for one another every so often, that's all we need to be happy!

Here's to many more Valentine's Days with this guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment